Have You Thought About Developing Your Existing Property To Fit An Additional Minor Dwelling On It?
Discover How We Can Build You A High Quality, Custom Designed Auckland Minor Dwelling That Matches Your Lifestyle And Taste, But Doesn’t Blow The Budget
Changes to Auckland Unitary Plan make it Easier to Build a Minor Dwelling
With the recent changes to the Auckland Unitary Plan property development is now being encouraged, especially around public transport routes. Previous requirements and restrictions have been significantly relaxed which has increased the possibility of adding that extra unit or minor dwelling.
Extra dwellings could be used for a number of options including rental unit, Air B’n’B, or flat etc. It could even be subdivided off and sold as a stand-alone house giving you a sizable return on your investment.
Even if there are stormwater or sewer pipes running through your property these can be piled around and built over. We have done a number of builds over council pipes as the additional cost for this is significantly outweighed by the finished value of the extra dwelling when built.
If you are interested to see if developing your site is a viable option, then let us know the address. We can check it out on the Auckland Council GeoMaps website without having to physically go to your property. We can then quickly come back to you and advise around the potential options.
Want to see our latest 65m2 Minor Dwelling Floor Plan and Details?
Guarantee for Peace of Mind
We belong to the Registered Master Builders Association and as standard we include the Master Build 10-Year Guarantee which comes with:
- 10-Year Structural Guarantee
- Protection against loss of deposit
- Protection against non-finished works
Design & Build from concept to completion done in 30 weeks or we'll give you $5,000 cash - T&C's Apply*
Budgeting Costs to Consider
There are a considerable number of requirements and associated costs that need to be sorted out up front before building work can begin. These can include the following:
- Concept and Working Drawings by our Architectural Designers – Estimated for 65m2 Minor Dwelling at approximately $12,500 incl GST
- An Engineer may need to be engaged depending on the design. Estimate for Structural Engineering at around $4,000 incl GST
- Sometimes a Town Planner may be required and can be engaged to work through the Resource Consent process if necessary $TBC
- Building Consent will be required and will generally be about $4,500 for the deposit and then could be another $2,000 to finish
- There are a number of reasons why a Resource Consent my be required – Building over pipes, Height to boundary infringement etc costs for this could be about $3,000
We will work through all these requirements up front and determine what is necessary for the site. We will try and include as much as possible in our Preliminary Building Agreement so that you are as informed as possible around the costs associated with your build.
or contact below
Contact Us Now To Discuss The Options For Your Property
* Terms & Conditions – 30 weeks Design & Build package based on 200m2 house or less and excludes Resource Consent stage if this is a requirement. Clock stops if owners take longer than 3 weeks to confirm scope and make decisions in the design phase. Applies to Full Contract builds in Auckland area only. Clock starts once Preliminary Building Agreement is signed and runs through Concept stage, Full Working Drawings stage, Building Consent Application stage, Full Construction stage, and finishes on issue of Code Compliance Certificate or Move-in date whichever is the earlier. Clock stops with any hold-ups due to the owner or land related issues.